Homeowner's Net Worth Is Still Greater Than a Renter's
Homeowner’s Net Worth Is Still Greater Than a Renter’s
Every three years, the Federal Reserve conducts their Survey of Consumer Financesin which they collect data across all economic and social groups. The latest survey, which includes data from 2010-2013, reports that a homeowner’s net worth is 36 times greater than that of a renter ($194,500 vs. $5,400).
The latest survey data, covering 2014-2016 will be released later this year. In the meantime, Lawrence Yun, the National Association of Realtors’ Chief Economistestimates that the gap has widened even further, to 45 times greater ($225,000 vs. $5,000)!
Put Your Housing Cost to Work for You
As we’ve said before, simply put, homeownership is a form of ‘forced savings.’ Every time you pay your mortgage, you are contributing to your net worth. Every time you pay your rent, you are contributing to your landlord’s net worth.
“Despite the growing concern over affordable housing, this survey makes it clear that a strong majority still believe in homeownership and aspire to own a home of their own. Building equity, wanting a stable and safe environment, and having the freedom to choose their neighborhood remain the top reasons to own a home.”
If you are interested in finding out if you could put your housing cost to work for you by purchasing a home, let’s get together and evaluate your ability to buy today!
FREE buyers and sellers guides (updated every Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter) with tips for preparing your home for sale, getting your credit in order, and what to expect. Download for FREE. Also, over 500+ blog posts with market data, simple easy-to-understand tips, financial guides, and more. See it here by Clicking HERE. Then click either "Buying?" or "Selling?" at the top of the page.
Website available in English and Spanish.
- Hey, Millennial Homeowners!! It May Be Time to Sell
- 93.9% Of Homes in The US Have Positive Equity
- Do Your Future Plans Include a Move? What's Stopping You from Listing Now?
- Be Careful Not to Get Caught in The Rental Trap!
- Buyer Demand Continues Outpacing the Supply of Homes for Sale
- A 'Buyer' in Hand is Worth Two in the Bush
- 3 Tips to Succeed in Today's Real Estate Market
- NAR Data Shows Now Is a Great Time to Sell!
- 75% of Homeowners Think Now is a Good Time to Sell!
- Pre-Approval Should Always Be Your First Step